Terms and Conditions – Shop Local Broome
“Shop Local this Christmas Competition 2019”
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Broome Advertiser Shop Local this Christmas competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- STANDARD TERMS
1.1 Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, in this promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- WHO CAN ENTER?
2.1 Subject to clause 2.2, entry is open to all residents of Western Australia aged 18 years of age or older, Photo identification may be required upon collection of the prize.
2.2 Employees (and their immediate families) of Seven Network (Operations) Limited, West Australian Newspapers and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER
3.1 Competition entry begins Friday 29 November 2019 and concludes at 12 midnight Sunday December 15 2019.
3.2 In order to enter the competition, readers must upload a copy of their receipt as proof of purchase.
3.3 The Promoters are not responsible for any data or other information related to this competition that may be lost, damaged as a result of any computer software or hardware malfunction. Any issues occurring as a result of computer / server/ software problems will be rectified as quickly as possible.
3.3 If any entries are deemed at the Promoter’s final discretion to be made via “scripting”, those entries will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted.
4.1 The winner will be announced in the Broome Advertiser edition December 19 2019.
4.2 The winner of the competition will receive a $2000 Tyres Gift Voucher for Bridgestone Service Centre Broome.
Total maximum value prize package value is $2,000. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
4.3 In accepting the Prize Package, the winner and their nominated companions must abide by the following conditions:
- a) The prize package must be taken as stated. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize.
- b) A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
4.4 The Prize winner and their nominated companions must participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and the Winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
4.5 The prize winner and their nominated companions agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
4.6 It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the prize winner and their nominated companions must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Promoter’s requirements.
4.7 The prize winner must provide valid identification to the Promoter.
4.8 Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize.
4.11 The promoter may vary these terms and conditions at its discretion.
- Full details of Prizes can be obtained by telephone Seven West Media Kimberley on 9191 9700.
- Subject to state permit authority restrictions, the Promoter may amend these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion.
- HOW TO WIN
5.1 A member of the Seven West Media Kimberley will contact the prize winners by a phone on Thursday December 19 2019.
5.2 The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
5.3 It is a condition of accepting the prize that the prize winner (and any companions) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
5.4 The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit prize/s in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 31st January 2020, they will become void. No further winners will be announced.
- NO LIABILITY
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to state government legislation.
6.2 Seven Network (Operations) Limited, West Australian Newspapers Ltd and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
6.3 Seven Network (Operations) Limited, West Australian Newspapers Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
- a) in the participation, acceptance or use of any element(s) of the prize;
- b) as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
- c) due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
- d) in relation to failure of an SMS entry message to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion; or
- e) arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, internet connection, or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
6.4 Seven Network (Operations) Limited, West Australian Newspapers Ltd and associated agencies and companies assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available, subject to state government legislation.
6.5 If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
6.7 The Promoter reserves the right to reasonably amend or vary these terms and conditions at its sole discretion, orally or in writing, for the purpose of Seven’s programming, scheduling or production requirements.
- PROMOTER’S DETAILS
7.1 The Promoters are Seven Network (Operations) Limited (ABN 65 052 845 262) of Level 2, 38-42 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 and West Australian Newspapers Ltd (ABN 98 008 667 632) of 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park WA 6017.
7.3 If an Entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 7.2. they must write to West Australian Newspapers Ltd by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Privacy Officer, GPO Box D162, Perth WA 6840 and West Australian Newspapers Limited will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
7.4 It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name, photo, video and suburb published for publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.