Pablo Newton Farley has been constantly hassled and questioned over his long name and lack of Spanish and artistic flair.
From boyhood the wanna be gangsta-basketball-Eminem child grew up in Bendigo, Central Victoria before departing home for the big city of Melbourne and university.
After dragging studies out for as long as possible his 3 year degree suddenly turned into a 7 year course which would eventually materialise into a radio degree and later a breakfast show on SYN known as The Pabs and Buggs show.
Once finished university he jetted off to Europe where he would spend a summer in the South of France selling wine and struggling with his le and la’s in French, snowboard in the Alps, play volleyball for a summer in the Greek Islands before being a barman in Germany and then finally returning to Australia.
He’s been in the Pilbara for over 2 years now after joining the Spirit Radio 1260 Team where his love of Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington is surely shining through. On reflection Pablo’s radio style can be summed up with a Karl Pilkington gem: "I find that if you just talk, your mouth comes up with stuff...”
Apologies in advance for him being Victorian and constantly complaining on-air about it being just "tooo hot."
Funniest Radio Moment? Prank calling a pharmacy and
informing them that I would be bringing my injured friend in by wheel
barrow, without using the word wheel barrow. Pretty Sure she thought I
was clinically insane.
Favourite Music? I'm re-living my unfortunately middle class well behaved youth through my boyhood love of Eminem.
Favourite Sport? Basketball without a doubt I've never been a fan of egg ball (AFL).
Regular segments include
• Brekky Beast hits the road giving away freebies on Tuesday And Thursday after the 8:30 News.
• The Karratha Tav Secret Sound 7:15am Everyday. Guess the sound and WIN the Cash
• NPFL - North Pilbara Football League Game Guide Fridays 8:25am during NPFL Season
• NPFL - North Pilbara Football League Wrap up Monday mornings from 9:00am during NPFL Season
• Free Fuel Friday- Fridays At 8:45am - Get your hands on the Free Fuel every Friday
• The Safe Show - Sue from SAFE HQ comes in for a chat Mondays Just after 10am
• Gossip News with Jessica Tregear Monday mornings
• World Record Wednesday - Pablo tackles a weekly world record from 8:30am
• The Bucket List - Mondays from 8am
For more follow Pablo on Twitter : Follow @pnewtonfarley